Dev Blog 13 is finally here!
It's been a little longer than normal, but we're back!
THIS WEEKS UPDATES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Added a quest system
- Added a bounty board in town for starting quests
- Added a dialogue helper class that allows for many more actions and variables in the dialogue
- Added quests that start from dialogue and Della (the animal breeder)
- Added a dev tool to create quests easily
- Improved the pipeline for adding new crops
- Added a tool for easily balancing crops
- Added a quest log to view active quests
- Cleaned up the Quest Log UI and added a page system
- Added an NPC log menu where you can track relationships with NPCs
- Added a friendship manager that tracks all interactions with NPCs
- Updated dialogue editor with various fixes and features
- Added a system to save ongoing quests
- Added greetings dialogue for NPCs (dialogue that triggers for first time greetings)
- Setup dialogue trees that activate depending on which quests you have completed/are working on
Click the big play button and listen to the brand new menu theme while you read over the rest of the dev blog!
Here we have some of the new player models in detail!
From left to right, we have Gilbert (but you all know him), Lenorah the blacksmith, Della the animal breeder, and two of the new player models dressed up on different clothes.
Most characters of the game will be built on the same body, this means they can have inter-changeable clothing, you can even gift them clothes for them to wear around!
You as a player will have a huge selection of clothing to dress up your character, clothing can be purchased either at the tailor in town, or from other select stores and townsfolk. You will even be able to visit the barber for extra hairstyles!
As you can see here, Ethan has made some huge improvements to the clipping of clothing on the player - now there's no clipping!
Introducing your new best friend, the bison!
Della the breeder will be raising these big fluffy guys for you to purchase and fatten up for the, uh.. well you get to raise them!
Check out the other animals we have so far, this is really on scratching the surface compared to what we have planned:
Don't forget to sign up to the newsletter so you know exactly when we release news: